Message Rules in Outlook Express

Ringley 19:59 27 Jan 05

Could you please advise how I can set Message Rules to prevent e-mails that contain Cc from being downloaded as I only want to receive mail which is addressed to me directly and not with any carbon copies. I have tried to create a folder and got to New Mail rules, then ticked the box 'Where the Cc line contains people'. In the next section I ticked 'Move to a specified folder'. The third section then highlighted 'contains people' and 'specified folder'. When I clicked on these I was only able to use the address book and got no further.

Please can anybody help

Ivor_Monkey 20:04 27 Jan 05

I think in outlook that rule may only work when setting up forwarding rules. BUt I amy be wrong.

Alternatively, why not try mailwasher. You can then set al sorts of rules. Use google to find and download.

VoG II 20:13 27 Jan 05
  Jackcoms 20:16 27 Jan 05

In the third section ('contains people') click on 'contains people'.

You should be offered a box at the top left to type in a name of your own choice.

Type the first part of your e-mail address in this box. That is, if your e-mail address is [email protected], type in joebloggs and click the 'Add' button.

The 'specified folder' should be the Deleted Items folder.

GaT7 20:17 27 Jan 05

Even if you could (& do) set up such a rule, you will have to (at some stage), go into your webmail accounts & delete the messages that were sent to you via CC - unless, of course, your ISP(s) gives you unlimited email storage space. G

Ringley 20:37 27 Jan 05

Many thanks for the prompt replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…