Message rules and blocking senders

bswatts 09:50 30 Jul 03

I have now well over 100 message rules and blocked senders to try and stop the flow of unwanted and undesirable 'e' mails. They continue unabated! Am I doing something wrong?
Can anyone be kind enough to tell me exactly what to do to stop theis stuff?
Also, what do the check boxes beside the rule numbers mean/ do they need to be checked or unchecked. I can't find reference to them in 'help'.
Many thanks.

DieSse 10:06 30 Jul 03

You'll never do it that way. have a read on my post here.

click here

palinka 16:58 30 Jul 03

In my experience (and I'm not an expert)the number of such emails is partly affected by who your ISP is (if you use Hotmail that's bad news) and partly your own activities. If you hand out your email address to all and sundry on the Internet that adds to the spam: if each you've given it to sells it on to 2 others, and they do the same.... My ISP is Freeserve, but I have my mail directed by Bigfoot. I get very little spam.
Blocked message riules don't work because the senders change the details just enough that your message rule doesn't recognise the sender.
Just delete them. And always look for and tick the box that says "we may pass your details on to carefully selected businesses...blah,blah"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…