Message re 'Missed Incoming Call'

ROCKHARD 19:56 21 Oct 04

Can anyone help? I use Mailwasher to access my e mail & my ISP is Freeserve. During the past few weeks a grey box has regularly appeared on the top left corner of the screen when I access the internet. The message within says ' you have missed an incoming call. Click OK'. This message is untrue (I know I have NOT missed a call)& I then click on the X box to close down the message box. This either causes my computer to disconnect from the 'net or the machine crashes completely! Any ideas? (I use AVG, Zone Lab & Adware).

Graham ® 20:00 21 Oct 04

V92 modem?

MAJ 20:00 21 Oct 04

If you're using Windows XP, try turning off the Messeger Service click here , ROCKHARD, it sounds like a Messenger Service popup ad.

Dan the Confused 20:00 21 Oct 04

Try Spybot S&D click here

ROCKHARD 22:07 21 Oct 04

Mmm! Not running Windows XP - still running ME. Not sure what modem is installed it was installed on purchase 3 years ago (Evesham. Problem started about 1 month ago.Thanks for your help so far.

Dan the Confused 22:11 21 Oct 04

Ad-aware and Spybot usually fix this problem. Did you update them first?

shizzy 22:19 21 Oct 04

I had this too and as Graham ® says it was the modem software. (evesham PC) Can't remember exactly what to click but you can turn this off in the driver software in Control Panel.You'll find it if you dig around. Took me two weeks to find out what was causing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…