Message "Windows is not Activated" must activate within 3 days

johnoo 11:34 AM 19 Jun 12

On start up I have just received this message, said to be from "Windows Genuine Advantage". I have a legal copy of Windows. It said I should re- install within 3 days. I did not accept this suggestion, scared me a bit! Any advise please, is it a legal message from Microsoft? PS I have had my machine for a few years & never had this essage before.

KRONOS the First 15:02 PM 19 Jun 12

This will pop up for no apparent reason and I would not worry about it. I think you are mistaking reinstall for activating. Just follow these instructions. Activate windows 7

ams4127 22:43 PM 19 Jun 12

If in doubt, phone Microsoft. They have always proved to be very helpful on the few occasions I have sought help.

xania 09:59 AM 02 Jul 12

This is IMHO another bit of nuisance from Microsoft but they have you over a barrel. My wife had the same report on Saturday, claiming major changes to the hardware configuration since the original activation which was absolute rubbish. However, I simply instructed the PC to re-activate and 2 minutes later we were back to normal. And now they expect us to cough up again for Windows 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnoo 11:13 AM 02 Jul 12

Just to state I did the same the path being All Programs/Accessories/Systems Tools/Activate. Windows came alive no problems!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone