Stymied 06:30 12 Oct 04

In the past few days, when I turn on my PC, I get this message in a window: No ISDN devices were found. Please install an ISDN device and run the configuration wizard again.

I click the OK button, and everything's back to normal.

I have broadband internet access.

Should I be doing anything about this message?

Thanks.

howard60 14:31 12 Oct 04

look in start - run - msconfig and top right hand tab startup. see if you have a line in there which mentions isdn and if so click on the box to take out the tick at the left hand end of the line.

Stymied 19:57 12 Oct 04

Thank you Howard 60. There's nothing there that mentions ISDN. But I cancelled MSN Messenger and Yahoo Pager while I was about it, so thanks for that.

ANy other ideas?

howard60 20:43 12 Oct 04

look in start - progs - startup and see if it is in there - if so you can delete it

howard60 20:46 12 Oct 04

try looking in control panel - system - device manager and see if in network adapters or any other heading click on each plus sign

Stymied 22:10 12 Oct 04

Thanks again Howard 60. I have done what you said.

Nothing significant on Programs Startup (printer environment check and Micorsoft Office).

Have worked my way down the pluses in Device Manager. Nothing includes ISDN. There are two adapters under "Network adapters". They are "Dial-up Adapter" and "Netgear 311/312 PCI Adapter". COuld one of these be 'it'?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…