message `malicious script detected`by Norton Antiv

sammy2 11:30 30 Jan 06

This message stops boot up until I ok `stop this script`It happens every time. How can I get rid of it? There is no option to delete it or vault it.

Forum Editor 11:36 30 Jan 06

installed?

Gongoozler 11:42 30 Jan 06

This could be a false positive, for example click here and click here

sammy2 09:14 02 Feb 06

Yes, I have Spybot.Are you suggesting this as the cause or a possible cure? Sammy 2.

Gongoozler 10:11 02 Feb 06

I think the FE is suggesting, quite rightly, that a frequent source of genuinely malicious script is in spyware, for the detection of which Spybot and AdAware are very good free tools. Malicious script warnings generally refer to activity which has a virus like pattern, but hasn't been identified as a recognised virus, and so it could well be a false alarm.

sammy2 11:07 10 Mar 06

I have managed to quaranteen this in Norton.
The pc now messages `Windows unable to locate script` and I have to click ok before Windows will continue.How can I get rid of this annoyance?

Gongoozler 15:57 10 Mar 06

There may be an entry in the startup list (Start - Run - msconfig - Startup) that is calling for the suspect script to be run. If it is, then you need to disable it. Try initially disabling all unnecessary startup items.

sammy2 15:55 11 Mar 06

Thank you, you`re right,there it was in the start up items and I unchecked it and it doesn`t bother me anymore.Sammy2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…