Message flashes up 2 fast 2 read help please

bof:) 20:28 06 Jul 06

Hi all, upon reboot, I'm getting a message flashing up & disappearing too fast to read. It says something like 'failed to initiate'.

The message doesnt appear at bootup.

What do I do to make it so that I can read this message?

Thankyou

Mike

Using XP home sp2

rsinbad 20:31 06 Jul 06

try looking in the event veiwer for problems

VoG II 20:31 06 Jul 06

Have you tried looking in Event Viewer? Start, Run, type

eventvwr

and click OK.

De Marcus™ 20:32 06 Jul 06

If event viewer reveals nothing, try print screen.

bof:) 23:10 06 Jul 06

Hi All, I did post earlier and just come to see if I'd had any replies....but my post seems to have disappeared, so here it is again:

rsinbad and VoG™, the event viewer has only 1 error with a gold padlock next to it in security, the message is as follows:

Security Failure Audit 16:01:17
Category Policy Change
Event ID 615

IPS Services failed to get he complete list of network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security harard to the machine since some of the nework interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters.

Please run the IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem.

See help and support centre at

click here

=============================================

But is this associated with my original problem or is it something else?

I did see on this site somewhere that there is a way that you can make error messages etc stay on screen rather than disappear before you can read them.

How do I do this?

Are these 2 problems connected?

De Marcus™, I've tried to catch message wwith print screen but as of yet its always been 2 fast for me.

Thankyou for all of your help,

Mike

Graham ® 08:59 07 Jul 06

You need to hit the 'pause' key.

bof:) 09:28 07 Jul 06

Hi Graham, tried that but keep missing it :-(

I do know you can instruct your pc to display any error messages etc long enough for you to read them. I just cannot find out how this is done.

If anyone knows, would they please post it here to me.

Many thanks,

Mike

bof:) 09:32 07 Jul 06

Hi All, Ps I've also tried the website that was offered by my computer in my original post. The IPS Services was not listed on the page. So no luck there.

Mike

VoG II 09:44 07 Jul 06

If you mean that it is rebooting by itself then right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure untick the box in front of Automatically restart.

bof:) 10:56 07 Jul 06

Hi VoG™, no its not rebooting itself. The error message that flashes up during restart is too fast to read.

I've tried pause and screen capture but the blighters just too quick for me.

I have read a posting on here somewhere that showed you how to make the mesage stay on screen until you read it. A search using the search option produced nothing.

Mike

bof:) 10:57 07 Jul 06

I do not get the message when I turn the pc on for the first time only if I do a restart.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac