Message editing and spelling

sattman 13:32 04 May 03

My computor is very bad at grammer and spelling.

Is their a spell check on the helpdesk that I have not found - alternatively can one retrieve posted messages to edit mistakes?

Or do all posters prepare in "Word" first, check and then paste

powerless 13:36 04 May 03

You cannot edit a post - do not worry about spelling mistakes, everyone makes them and it is not a English Grammer forum so i forgive people and myself.

I just type out my post in the Internet Explorer and have a look at any mistakes - correct and then post.

Spell check integrates with IE click here

sattman 13:43 04 May 03

I appreciate what your comment - I suppose it is just a personel thing - I never see the mistake until I have posted, then when I look at the mistake I say to myself silly pr---.

Belatucadrus 13:50 04 May 03

If you find a posting horribly embarrassing due to spelling mistakes etc, just ask the moderator to remove it. You can then revise and re-post if you want. But as Powerless says, most of us have dropped a clanger at some point and nobody cares that much.

Unless it's funny then look out.

rawprawn 14:04 04 May 03

click here This allows you to right click on your message before posting it.

rawprawn 14:08 04 May 03

oops I meant to say right click on your message to check the spelling before posting it.

ThisNameIsMine 14:19 04 May 03

perfect example of the uses of this program rawpawn!

wee eddie 17:14 04 May 03

Thanks Powerless and rawprawn

1514 17:15 04 May 03

click here
You could try this, it's free and an icon sits in you taskbar. Highlight any word on your monitor and click the icon. It is the easiest "spell checker" that I have found!

-pops- 18:25 04 May 03

Remember that these only check for spelling - not sense or meaning. Neither do they check grammar.

So, you could still end up sending a howler as many have found out!

I'd just accept it, I do.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…