Message on Boot up.

Conny 09:37 28 Jun 09

When I first boot up each day I get the following message,
CTicketManagerWnd:msnmsgr.exe
'Unable to locate component sirenacm.dll not found'
What is it and how do I stop it appearing please?

T I M B O 09:50 28 Jun 09

There are a couple of ways to sort this. You can go into an account on msn and stop msn from booting up every time your computer boots up, go to tools and then options then sign in tab. Once you have completed that, you can then check the msconfig.

Click start then "run" if you have vista then the run command box is not there by default so type it in the search. Once the "Run" command box is there, type in > msconfig > ok > startup tab, then look for anything relating to msn & while you are there, you might as well remove java & adobe & yahoo n stuff. Once you have rebooted put a tick in the pop up box that appears once you are back in windows....

Best of luck !!

T I M B O 10:24 28 Jun 09

Also another good idea is to install Avast anti virus, it's one of the few av's that scan pm's within chat programmes. >>click here

mocha 10:55 28 Jun 09

Hi Conny,

Try uninstalling MSN messenger then re-install it, this should renew/replace sirenacm.dll. You should also check your anti-virus is up to date and do a scan, also download click here and do a scan. This problem can be related to malware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017