Message appears : "InPrivate" browsing - what is this?

pellim 23:24 10 Sep 14

A message appears on my laptop when I try to print out a crossword (paid for by subscription), telling me that InPrivate browsing is now in operation. It won't let me continue. I've no idea what this is or why it's appeared. I've been using Chrome but have now gone back to Internet Explorer after also getting a blue screen several times. These crashes seems to be connected with the mysterious InPrivate thing. I'd be grateful for any help.

lotvic 00:12 11 Sep 14

It's a feature, you can turn it off (disable it) how to enable or disable the ability to use the InPrivate Browsing feature ClickHere sevenforums.com/tutorials

pellim 16:11 11 Sep 14

Thank you very much, lotvic. I've got rid of the InPrivate thing. Do you know how it got there? Secondly, my Chrome browser has my homepage (bbc.co.uk)address in place ,says "loading", but no page appears. In the tools menu, there's a sort of warning - "sync error, restate passphrase". Doesn't say where to do this, or which passphrase. Are you able to give me any further help?

Forum Editor 16:23 11 Sep 14

"sync error, restate passphrase"

Take a look at this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…