MESH: troubles with new comp

blind_gangsta 18:19 24 Aug 04

Hello, i have recieved today a new mesh pc. after a long wait (3 weeks) it got delayed and then delayed again. i was excited when i recieved it. i began opening the packages and instantly noticed that the breakout box that was suppose to come with the Geforce FX 5600 graphics card that i chose was not present. i promptly phoned mesh and they said they would investigate into it. later on as i began to set up the surround sound i noticed that there were only two plugs for the surround sound when there should be three. i then realised mesh had equipped my pc with a realtek ac 97 soundcard instead of the nvidia soundstorm digital 5.1 surround that it was suppose to be supplyed with. i realised this however just after mesh's customer service lines had closed. i am extremely annoyed at the poor service i appear to be recieving. (late delivery, missing breakout box, wrong sound card) i hope mesh dont think that i should send the computer back to them. has anyone else experienced similar problems??? if so how did mesh solve them???
thanks for your time.

MESH Support 09:55 25 Aug 04
  Sans le Sou 12:38 25 Aug 04

Deja Vue this is - I think when Mesh get a supply problem your system construction gets overdue and then they fit anything thats laying around into your rig so they don't keep tripping over it. Sorting it out is another department's and your problem. They will hopefully send out a boy on his bike with the right bits and fit them for you at home, anyway Good Luck!

fishyfingers 15:52 25 Aug 04

That sounds a little bitter sans!

Sans le Sou 15:32 26 Aug 04

I have been there!

Sans le Sou 15:41 26 Aug 04

Got a new 2K system in March, came with a very dodgy second hand monitor that never worked and a few other anomolies inside. When I enquired about the state of the monitor I was told to "take it up with Iiyama" as they do a swap out. All makes for an easy life at Mesh, get every other poor sod to do the work.

Magik ®© 15:43 26 Aug 04

at least Mesh read your post, and are going to sort it, so lets not run them down too quickly. i say that because i am on the point of ordering a Mesh, so lets not upset them, at least till i get mine.....

blind_gangsta 19:31 26 Aug 04

Well, i got in contact with MESH and they informed me that i was mistaken about the audiocard and cleared that up... secondly they sent me the breakout box for the personal cinema promptly. With more excitement i plugged the breakout box in and connected all the cables only to find out that no audio would come through into the computer. the video worked perfectly so i contacted MESH and they were helpful but i was unable to fix the problem so they are going to organise for me to send the breakout box back to them and see if the breakout box is faulty. and if it is send me a new one. hopefully this will get sorted soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…