Mesh recovery disc

herc182 09:26 16 Aug 04

Dear all,

I want to do a clean install of windows (since i am getting the internet and want a "clean" computer to do so). three queries:

1- I want to get Virgin broadband for £24.99/month. Anyone use them? is there a download limit and are they any good??

2 - Do i HAVE to call mesh to use the recovery disc as it suggests on the CD cover. i just wanna backup all my stuff, put in the CD and go for it....

3 - are there any major things i would need to backup (apart from the obvious, such as files and work) if i do a complete reformat and reinstall? will i need to reactivate windows (or will microsoft even let me?!)

Cheers for any help you can give me.

Phil

rawprawn 10:03 16 Aug 04

If there is nothing basic wrong with your computer why on earth do you want to reformat and reinstall? Just "Spring Cleean" your computer, clear out unwanted programs, clear temp files, defrag etc. As soon as you get on the net download Spybot, Spywareblaster, Adaware, update and run them.

Magik ®© 10:24 16 Aug 04

yep,rawprawn has hit it on the head, let well alone....

herc182 10:40 16 Aug 04

hmmm... i suppose if it aint broke then dont fix it!

You have convinced me.

what about Virgin as a broadband supplier? anyone out there use them? any advice on broadband in general (ie anyone else i should strongly consider, bearing in mind that i dont really wanna be tied down to a contract or have any download limits).

CHeers

Magik ®© 12:23 16 Aug 04

BT have lowered their prices, but have also put a 15gb download limit on each month,mind you, you would have to download a lot to ever reach that. i will stick with BT BB, seeing as they own the lines, and can never turn round and say, it is not our fault you are having problems, it is down to virgin or demon or whoever...i had their dial up then went to their BB the week it was rolled out, never played up once...

rawprawn 12:35 16 Aug 04

click here Have a look at this, then you can make up your own mind. We all have a tendency to recommend the service we are using.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…