Mesh problems

Mesh problems from day one
My Mesh Storm 3500+ has been crashing since I bought it 5/11/04.It blank screen rebooted within 20 mins of first power up. Contacted Mesh they told me to download and update a number of drivers. Still random reboots.Mesh told me to enter recovery wizard where message 'unable to find a valid windows XP installion' continued to factory restore 'corruption too extensive to restore'. Contacted Mesh (another 25 min wait)they sent me a made up disc of win XP and drivers.Did a format/ clean install .Downloaded a number of missing and latest drivers from Asus and ATI. Pc still random rebooting (code 1000000ea device stuck in loop) uninstalled /reinstalled latest graphic drivers (again).Pc still crashing .Contacted mesh said could be faulty graphic card. Following day played MOH for 3 hrs solid (no problems)came out of game clicked on desktop icon blank screen reboot. Latest error messages 'driver detected a controller error on\ device \harddisk 3\d;harddisk 1\d ;hardisk 4\d ;hardisk 2\d aswell as 1000000ea. I am not impressed with mesh support.I feel like sending the whole lot back to mesh.

Gongoozler 11:25 07 Dec 04

You would probably do better to post this on ConsumerWatch. However if you look in Event Viewer (Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer), then look under Application as well as under System, you should see a record of any errors. This may give a clue as to what is going wrong. Post any errors here and we'll see if there are any clues.

MESH Support 11:35 07 Dec 04
  Fred the flour grader 11:40 07 Dec 04

That's what I call customer service. I think Mesh deserve a medal for that.

Davey of mesh never contacted me.Sent PC back to mesh on 10th December .Rang them on 13th, said could take up to ten days.Dont think I will have my PC back before Christmas.

MESH Support 09:43 16 Dec 04

The call made to you on the 8th was in response to your email although the arrangements had already been made to have the PC returned to our workshop.

I have been tracking your systems return and am currently awaiting an update from our service centre regarding their findings.

As soon as I have any further information I will let you know.

Davey

Mesh Support

Danoh 10:53 16 Dec 04

Great stuff, [email protected]!!

Gongoozler 11:17 16 Dec 04

If only other manufacturers were as helpful. All manufacturers of high technology goods have the occasional one that gives problems. What is most important is how effectively the problems are resolved. Well done Davey and Mesh.

Got the PC back on 23rd December.Summary of fault was 'Installation not complete,settings causing crashing'. Service'Remastered and configured,reconfigured bios'. A few small niggles Dvd and card reader not secure.Fitted missing screws.Also error log from card reader due to inputs listed as Harddisks .The pc is working fine .

Danoh 22:42 08 Jan 05

Just before Christmas!! Phew!!! Glad to hear its all working now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…