MESH! PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

will1 15:44 03 Nov 05

Please can anyone help?

I cannot activate my full version of Microsoft Office Student and Teacher edition as it is conflicting with the factory installed trial version.

I have tried uninstalling the trial version as well as office and have even tried the F10 restoring back to factory settings and then doing it. Nothing is working!

I'm no expert but I think I may need to somehow install the version of XP which doesn't have the trial version of office on it.

How do I do this??????

Does anyone have a guide for doing this?

I'm worried about having to completely install a new Windows version interms of losing bundled software and drivers.

I have backed up the C drive ones but is there any other ones I should do?

Thanks in advance

Will

Splork 15:46 03 Nov 05

This forum addresses a similar problem - hope it's some use click here

Sans le Sou 15:50 03 Nov 05

If you do the F10 you should be able to uninstall the office trial version once your system is restored. You will not have a version without the trial on it, even the recovery disc will most likely contain it. What happens when you try to uninstall the trial in add/remove programmes?

Splork 15:50 03 Nov 05

If not, get the Microsoft install cleaner, un-install the trial version as before, and run the cleaner immediately afterwards. Or just run it before you install your new version of Office.
click here

will1 15:54 03 Nov 05

The recovery disc does have the trial version and once restored I've uninstalled it but the problem remains I still can't activate the full product!

Thanks for your help I'll try the install cleaner

Splork 15:56 03 Nov 05

It might be worth calling Mesh if you can't solve it, trial software that you can't get rid of if you don't like it, and can't upgrade if you do - they must have had complaints already.

will1 15:57 03 Nov 05

Looks a bit dodgy. I will hold out for some advice from Mesh and if they don't reply I'll give it ago!

Sans le Sou 15:57 03 Nov 05

just read your article, I will not comment about mesh on this forum.

will1 15:59 03 Nov 05

I have tried ringing them but I just get an engaged tone!

Plus at £1.00 per minute I'd prefer to have an email but I will keep trying anyway!

will1 16:19 03 Nov 05

I'm wondering if this cleaner thing doesn't work, whether it would be a good idea to buy a whole new Windows XP because if I ever need to do a recovery in the future I would get the same trial office problem each time!

Can anyone see any downsides of installing another Windows XP apart from losing some software from the Mesh one disc?

MESH Support 16:20 03 Nov 05

The recovery CD will not have the trial on it as it is literally a copy of the Microsoft Windows XP CD with a few additions by ourselves.

You would have to install all drivers and software after using the CD so I'd recommend holding off on using this just yet.

The F10 recovery option will allow you to restore the system to factory settings but would include the trial. This is the best option as you can reset your system to a fresh install, then uninstall the trial. This should be sufficient but I also would recommend using the office cleaner at that point.

After that you can install your Office suite.

You will need further instrcutions for the use of the F10 recovery option. Please email me your mesh serial/order number along with your screen name (will1) to [email protected]

Davey

Mesh Support

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…