Mesh PC with error ID: 4609 Hardware or Software

MARCOVANELMES 15:08 14 Oct 05

Mesh has just replaced my mother board and I now have the following error 4609 - Microsoft Help and Support dont offer advice.

In the XP advance computer information event viewer report shows report this:

HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.

Is it hardware or software?

I have another thread below (Consumerwatch) this link reports other problems I had, maybe they are linked?

See webpage
click here

Any help / advice on the above?

vinnyT 15:14 14 Oct 05

Try removing MSN Messenger from bootup, if you have it.

Also, googling 4609 show up 180,000 hits, I suggest you take a look

click here=

MESH Support 15:33 14 Oct 05

From our investigations it seems that this is more of a software issue.

I will email you a possible solution shortly.

Mesh Support

MARCOVANELMES 18:28 15 Oct 05

There must be someone else that has had this problem or even better solved it.
My poor PC crashed over 20 times last night as a result of this.

Can anyone please help??

I would like to get the bottom of this? To help others who are or will have this problem.

Tried Mesh suggestion as below but got lost at point 2 as local security policy is not available.

1) Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools.
2) Run "Local Security Policy".
3) Go to Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignments.
4) Double click on "Create global objects". The correct default settings are "Administrators", "INTERACTIVE", and "SERVICE".
5) Double click on 'Impersonate a client after authentication'. The correct default settings are "Administrators", "ASPNET" (if you have the .NET Framework installed) and "SERVICE".
Even if the settings are set correctly, you may need to "refresh" them to fix the problem. To do this, on each policy, remove one of the entries ("SERVICE" is probably the best to remove), then press OK to save the changes, and then go back in and add it back in again (click "Add User or Group...", type "SERVICE" into the white box, and press OK). Then close the Local Security Settings box and reboot.

As for the MSN Messenger option I had exited it and the crash still occurred.

MAJ 21:04 15 Oct 05

Check out this link click here , MARCOVANELMES, see if it helps any.

SANTOS7 21:19 15 Oct 05

click here
follow the thread it may help..

MARCOVANELMES 11:12 16 Oct 05

Maj and Santos7 Thanks for your response, not sure how to interpret the links you sent?

Further to my investigations I have found a link that suggests that it may be down to Logitech (keyboard / mouse) software so I have now uninstalled them and so far so good.
Link is available here click here

Shall wait and see, if this does not work I am going to unistall MSN Messenger.

MARCOVANELMES 21:49 16 Oct 05

Well it has crashed again, so Logitech software was not the cause, will disable MSN Messenger to see if thats the problem??

Watch this space.

SANTOS7 21:58 16 Oct 05

click here
there is a possible fix here apart from the one that did work for them that was to uninstall MSN Messenger,good luck...

MARCOVANELMES 00:20 18 Oct 05

Well I thought in my wisdom that I would run system restore to before date of first 4609 error.

Well this was a complete nightmare as on restarting I had no functionality of keyboard or mouse. Must have been something to do with me unistalling the logitech files.

I had to install XP in windows1 folder to next current installation in order that I could save my docs. I then backed my docs up and formated c drive and reinstalled XP.

Now up and running. On reinstalling I created a partition but this does not show up in windows. Any one know how to view and use this partition.

Will keep you to date with any of the same crashes.

Forum Editor 00:55 18 Oct 05

as if you are getting yourself into a real mess. You're attempting one thing after another without taking time to allow Mesh to work through the problem with you. Davey has emailed you with a possible fix, and if it doesn't work, or if you can't understand it you should contact him immediately. Don't go off at a tangent, and start formatting drives and installing Windows in new partitions, because that won't help with a diagnosis.

Contact Davey, and explain about your difficulty with the fix he sent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…