Mesh name on desktop

Teaboy 16:57 03 Feb 04

Can anyone with a Mesh computer please tell me how to remove the name they have branded on the top right of the desktop? With thanks.

roygbiv 17:05 03 Feb 04

Am i right in thinking it is on the desktop??.

if it is that can be changed if you right click on the desktop, click properties ,desktop (tab) and choose something WITHOUT the branding. My MiL had the same thing only it said E Machines !

Sir Radfordin 17:18 03 Feb 04

It has been imposed on all the default photos that come with XP and there is no way to get rid of it (unless you want to edit the photo). You may find the original unedited versions are on the restore CD (as I did) but I doubt it is worth the risk/effort.

There are loads of sites that have photos/images to use as a desktop background - though I would avoid webshots at all costs.

If you really really really really want one of the XP images send me an email (yellow envelope) with the file name and I'll see if can send it to you.

davethebike 17:45 03 Feb 04

I lived with it until I reformatted my C drive and re-installed Windows XP from the back - up disk that came with my machine.
It disapeared never to be seen again - hooray

Strongly suggest you partition your drive first and save all your files (not programmes) onto the new partition, thus (say) C is programmes and system only, your own files are on (say) D drive. Then only format drive C and reload programmes and Windows to C drive.

If not brave enough - leave alone.

hugh-265156 17:53 03 Feb 04
  Sir Radfordin 17:55 03 Feb 04

Whilst helpful that link will only remove he braning from Internet Explorer and OE and not the desktop image files in question.

hugh-265156 18:01 03 Feb 04

try a different wallpaper maybe?

control panel/display

setect one from the list or select none and choose a colour.

hugh-265156 18:02 03 Feb 04

sorry

control panel/display/desktop

The Nuclear Boy Scout 18:36 03 Feb 04

I have a Mesh computer, and had the same problem with the branding on the wallpaper. In the end, I found this site and replaced all the branding...

click here

Hope it helps.

Chris the Ancient 18:58 03 Feb 04

Nice link - added to my favorites

Ta!

Chris

jockym 21:52 03 Feb 04

Many thanks Nuclear Boy Scout, it worked for me too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…