Mesh Matrix64 and SP2

wester john 12:30 29 Sep 05

I h ave a Mesh Matrix64 3000+IQ which I bought in May 2004.
I use it nearly every day and have been very pleased with it, although I sometimes get the occasional blip.
Some time ago I was advised by Davey not to install SP2 on the system, and I have not done so.
I keep getting asked to install the upgrade. Can you tell me what the latest position is please?

Skills 14:13 29 Sep 05

I do not know of the reasons why sp2 would not work with your system but if it was my choice i'd back everything up and go for it.

Sp2 is a major upgrade to the XP operating system and there are lots of patches that have been released after it. Plus its been released for over a year now so chances are any problems that there was has been sorted(at least you'd hope so wouldn't you)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:31 29 Sep 05

SP2 upgrade is a must for the security patches alone, there is no reason not to upgrade.

It is better to upgrade from the CD rom if possible as less chance of a corrupt download file.

MESH Support 14:33 29 Sep 05

If you log into our support site there is a small bugfix that will eliminate the main problem we had at the time.

SP2 is safe to install with only a few incompatibilities still remaining.

I apologise for not getting back to you regarding this.

Davey

Mesh Support

wester john 17:06 29 Sep 05

Thanks for the advice. How do I get on to your support site? Can't see it on this page. Davey, would you recommend me getting SP2 on a CD?

MESH Support 09:27 03 Oct 05

If you visit click here and in the horizontal menu at the top, click on Support, you will be taken to our online support page.

You will need to create an account if you have never been there before.

Davey

Mesh Support

wester john 12:41 17 Nov 05

Thanks Davey for earlier advice. I h ad previously set up my account but tried unsuccessfully on various occasions to log in to support after logging into my account. It asks for my email address and password again and when I enter these I get an 'invalid' message.
I also tried emailing support some days ago but so far have had no response. All I want is the small bugfix you referred to! Grateful if you can help further as I am anxious to install SP2.

MESH Support 13:47 17 Nov 05
  wester john 22:12 29 Dec 05

Hi Davey,
Thanks for your help in getting me the fix. I tried it once unsuccessfully, but since then I have had so many jobs going on in my PC that I haven't tried recently. I was wondering if one rason was a conflict with my Sygate firewall which I have installed.
At the moment my PC is down - problems with config\system anad lost clusters - but I have been in phone contact with Tech support and they are sending a new recovery CD.

Blair Cummock

Inside Edge 01:38 17 Jan 06

I see you've marked this topic resolved ....does that mean you managed to install SP2 successfully ? I too had a failed attempt at installing it on a Mesh Matrix 64 FX-51, even though I used the Mesh bug fix. I'm preparing for go and would be very grateful for your feedback.

Many thanks

Biotech 15:42 17 Jan 06

Mesh have an SP2 recovery disc, found out the hard way as the original would not work, was told that was normal by Mesh TS. Anyway a nice chap sent me the SP2 disc and some other drivers, worked a treat, do not have a FX-51 but Athlon64 3400 on 754 or is it 745pins. May be to your advantage to contact Mesh.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos