Merging Partitions in XP

Staddly 13:20 11 May 04

Can anyone help? I have installed Windows XP onto my new seagate 120gb hard drive, at setup I created a partition that I thought was going to be 35 GB to install the OS on (got my zeros mixed up and ended up being 3.5gb!!!! needless to say with OS installed and updates etc - I have run out of disk space. I have created another partition and I was wondering if it possible to merge the two?? Any assistance appreciated.
Staddly

SANTOS7 13:30 11 May 04

you will need a programme like partition magic 8 which will allow you to "resize" the "C" partition of your HD

bruno 14:05 11 May 04

As Santo 57 says,you will be able to merge or resize if you can get a copy of partition magic 8.

christmascracker 14:11 11 May 04

I use Acronis Partition expert.

It was on a recent cover disc of PCA if you have it

SANTOS7 14:20 11 May 04

i am not familiar with with Acronis but i am sure it will have a resize option which will be the easiest way of extending your c:\ drive

Staddly 16:53 13 May 04

Thanks for all responses. Looks like it's an investment in some partitioning software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…