Merging Identities in outlook express

DASONIA 16:23 29 Oct 08

A little while ago I created another identity within outlook express for my wife's emails but we both used the same email address. We have now decided we don't need the second identity and want to delete it but keep the 'sent' emails and the latest ones in the inbox. I have 'forwarded' the inbox ones to the other identity but the 'from' title now shows her identity instead the original sender. I can't find any way of forwarding 'sent' emails. Is there any way of simply merging the two identities or failing that some way of transferring the 'sent' ones over.

Many thanks

lotvic 02:19 30 Oct 08

Example:

Open Wife identity and create a new Folder called 'Wife emails' (without the ' ')
Drag all the emails (both received and sent emails) that you want to save into the new Wife emails folder.

Change to Husband identity
File > Import > messages >
In Select Program choose Microsoft Outlook Express 6 > click on Next
In Import from an OE6 Identity choose Wife identity > click on OK
In Location of Messages (it will have found the store folder and that bit will be filled in) > click on Next
In Select Folders put the green dot in Selected folders and select 'Wife emails' folder > click on Next
In Import Complete (feel smug) and click on Finish

Note: You need to rename the folders in your wife's identity as you cannot import one with the same name as in Husband's identity. You also cannot rename the Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, as they are system folders. You need to move the emails to another folder that you have made.

DASONIA 14:49 31 Oct 08

Lotvic
Many thanks - worked a treat - good job there are experts like you around
thanks again

DASONIA

lotvic 21:05 31 Oct 08

Glad it worked okay :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac