Mercury TV card not saving channels

Grant_G 19:08 10 Apr 05

When I run auto scan, the scan picks up channels as it goes through but none of them are saved. The auto scan just keeps scanning forever! I have tried reinstalling the software. There is no support on the manufacturers site. Anyone help? Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 09:29 14 Apr 05

Stuartli 10:23 14 Apr 05

I have a Twinhan VisionPlus Freeview PCI card; initial configuration requires selection of the transmitter serving the area which is, in my case, Winter Hill.

Perhaps your software requires this selection? The driver etc provided with the Twinhan is, apparently, the same as used by Hauppauge for its similar TV card.

Chegs ® 11:15 14 Apr 05

I have a Mercury TV card(7130)Its a right pain in the rear.It refuses to change channel until I click the settings button and "fine tune" the channel.The pic is often just a black screen and the blast of "white noise" thru the speakers is very annoying.The "Remote Controller" ceased working completely.This card used to work fine,until I had d/l'ed a few M$ Updates.I was working my way thru the Updates one at a time looking to find which one had upset the card,but then the card started misbehaving as soon as it was installed(before I had applied any updates at all)My daughters PC has a Pinnacle TV card,this also started behaving in a similar fashion(again,after updates)and now does the same from a clean install,so I reached the conclusion that these TV cards are all naff. :-)

Stuartli 12:47 14 Apr 05

>>so I reached the conclusion that these TV cards are all naff. :-)>>

Just because you've had problems doesn't warrant branding every one as being naff...:-)

My Twinhan Freeview card brings in every TV and radio station transmitted on the service from Winter Hill - exactly the same, in fact, as the Pioneer set top box linked to the main TV set.

Chegs ® 13:59 14 Apr 05

I appologise for inferring that ALL cards are naff,I meant that these cards(mine)are naff.I'm not expecting them to be as good as a proper TV,just for them to work "as is" without constantly having to alter/adjust them,as my daughters 9yrs and not quite upto sorting the various tweaks to get hers to go.

Grant_G 19:38 14 Apr 05

I have tried out various configurations, including what you suggested-still no luck. However after going back onto the manufacturers site (kobian) yesterday with the intent of emailing there nearest office to me (Holland I think), I find they have just added a support site! I have emailed tech support, so hopefully I will get a reply soon.

A lot of my friends have TV cards with no problems, I guess some are better than others. The Mercury, I did not choose-it was thrown in with my new PC. I would recommend the AverTV range which my friend has.

Stuartli 09:07 15 Apr 05

A lot of people had trouble with the Tevion TV card released last year - there were forums full of complaints regarding lack of channels, poor software/drivers etc.

As your card was supplied with a new PC, I would think that you are entitled to asked for a replacement from another manufacturer as the card doesn't seem fit for its purpose.

I've used both Hauppauge and my current Twinhan TV cards successfully but, in the case of the latter, I found that the latest 2.43 version of the driver was superior to the 2.41 version originally supplied for ease of use.

Chegs ® 09:21 15 Apr 05

I have now obtained a fresh driver for the 7130,my channel problem has vamoosed.I am now going to see if the same can happen with the Pinnacle card.

I ran kobian thru google,the support site came back as a possible source of new drivers,but couldn't actually get to their site.

"We're sorry, but the page you requested does not exist on our server or cannot be served.

Please double check the URL by making sure the spelling, capitalization, and punctuation are correct.
You can also use our site map links listed below to navigate our site."

Grant_G 20:30 15 Apr 05

I will wait and see if kobian come back with a solution- if not then I shall ask for a different card from the company I bought the PC from.

There is a link on the kobian site which takes you to click here. Once on there click support, then downloads, fill in the search (Product Category:add-on card, TV tuner card series; sub category:tv tuner card with remote control), to access the drivers downloads section.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…