Mercury TV Capture Card Problem

Big Trev 22:04 17 Aug 04

I have a Mercury TV Capture Card TV Card for my PC. Used to work fine but recently when I click the icon to start it I get a message that reads "Can't Get Device".

I have reinstalled the drivers both automatically and manually in Normal Startup and Selective Startup Mode, but the problem remains the same.

I have removed and reinstalled the hardware.

The manufacturer (kobian) is still selling the product and I have the most up to date driver. Microsoft are also selling this TV Card as XP compatible.

My PC fulfills the system requiments. I am running XP SP2.

Does anyone have a clue why the damned thing wont work?!

Chegs ® 00:06 18 Aug 04

I have a Mercury 7130 card,its driver can be a pain to reinstall.If you go to Device Manager,delete the card there,stick the CD into the drive and reboot,it usually "finds" the card,then a few mins later looks at the CD for the driver.If this fails,then Device Manager,rightclick the card,select Update driver,and "point" XP to the CD/driver folder(if you have d/l the newer driver )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…