Mercury Audio Card

Rave 13:15 09 Nov 05

I have recently purchased and installed a Mercury CMI8738 PCI 3D Sound card. The audio is fine but the Standard Game Port is not functioning. Windows device manager tells me that the port cannot find the resources it requires, namely I/O resources. On the resouces tab for the game port the Current Configuration, Use Automatic Settings and Change Settings controls are greyed out. The conflict message, NO RESOURCES AVAILABLE and I/O Range 0201-0201 Not Available is displayed. I have disabled the Standard Game Port of my ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard which renders the I/O 201 unavailable.
Why are the controls for Mercury Audio Card game port greyed out and what can I do to allocate resources to this game port?

Chegs ® 13:50 09 Nov 05

You need to free up as many IRQ's as you can,by entering into BIOS,switching off unused items,then you need to reset configuration (or similar setting)but often windows refuses to allow manual IRQ swapping incase you case conflicts.I fought with my previous mobo's IRQ cfg's for weeks,to no avail.I then reinstalled the OS with my IRQ's reset in BIOS,and was then able to use the "spare" IRQ's I'd created.Not without several BSOD's caused by conflicts 1st though.

Rave 19:25 09 Nov 05

Thanks for your comments Chegs. It sounds as though I have got a not easily resolved problem.
Don't fancy all the hassle. Perhaps I will revert to my Soundblaster card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced