Menu Lists on Windows Explorer

kona 00:40 30 Nov 06

Somewhere along the line, for presumably, a really good reason, I changed the right click menu order on windows explorer, so that "search" is the top item and "open" is about 4 or 5 down the list. So, if I double click an item in a windows explorer list, it gives me the search option. It was useful for about a week when I needed to look for things, but then I just sort of left it, and then about a month later I had forgotten how to change it back ... or where I read about it ... and then I lived with it for er, 2 years (as you do).
But now it's getting to me. Also some setup programs I've recently used seem to give up unexpectely in a windows explorer search-menu muddle.
Can any-one tell me how I change the menu list back to "open" as the default / top item? Many thanks.

Technotiger 07:52 30 Nov 06
  Technotiger 07:53 30 Nov 06
  kona 23:28 30 Nov 06

Come home late, to find your advice, Technotiger.

To summarise, what you have suggested is
>open Windows Explorer
>Tools
>Folder Options
>File Tabs
>Folder
>Advanced
then set "open" to default.
> Ok and exit

but it seems that "open" is already the default option, and "search" doesn't appear at all.

I very much appreciate your help though...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…