Menu in a CSS

mjf123 10:24 28 Feb 08

I have always used FrontPage 2003 and one its templates which allows a left hand “Shared Border” into which I have been able insert a menu, which when saved immediately updates on all pages.

I have been trying to create a small simple site using a CSS template, but every time I add a new page I have to go back and change the menu on every page individually. Is it possible to create a menu in a css that changes right across the whole site?

Be grateful for any help.

Kemistri 12:27 28 Feb 08

I can only assume that by "shared border", you actually mean a frame: is that the case?

As for style sheets, a site has to be quite large for me to use more than one or two: a site-wide style sheet for common IDs and classes, plus one with specific variations if there are too many to manage in one file. You need to organise your cross-page IDs and/or classes in such a way that one declaration can handle all instances of that particular ID/class and its style requirements.

sheila.weston 20:34 03 Mar 08

You may get some help from Pat Geary's site at click here, although it is really for Family Historians.
Sheila

CodeMeister 12:40 04 Mar 08

If you are developing your site in ASP.Net then you can use a Master Page or Web User Control to get around the problem of having to duplicate HTML tags.

A similar effect can be achieved with PHP if you use XSLT templates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…