Mentor Broadband Router?

Effie 11:52 11 Apr 04

We have been using this router for nearly one year now. Unfortunately the router has been playing up of late and we have had to do a lot of resets even after upgrading firmware.

Our setup is Broadband 600k and 3 PCs'; 98,98SE and XP. Have ICS running on all PCs' so dont think that this is the cause of our problems.

Anyone else having similar problems with this router??

anon1 12:10 11 Apr 04

Why have you got ICS running? If you are using a router you do not need ics at all.

Effie 12:59 11 Apr 04

Anon1
Why I used ICS? Ran ICS to onfigure XP PC. Did not have NetBEUI on XP at the time.

whatchamacallit 03:07 12 Apr 04

Hi Effie
I found this on another forum, hope it helps you
it`s not good news, looks like you are not alone.

thanks for the links I have found on this page, I've downloaded the (rather annonymous sounding) 'fr4' file and the ibr400+ update I found as the fist hit on a google search for that router.

I purchased a Mentor 4-port adsl router a few months ago (cheap but not significantly so). What the hell is up with this company ? They seem to have appeared from nowhere 3 years ago, produced 50 billion of the same unit, then dissappeared without a trace - not a single webpage devoted to them, they have left nothing but a small army of disgruntled consumers.

Does anyone know of a single good reliable place to get some support for these awful products (mine currently crashes about once an hour) I am loath to install the updates since I am sure they will either permanently crash the unit or make no difference - either way I'm dissapointed.

If anybody knows of a good resource please let me know.

tolls-pete 16:11 12 Oct 04

Should be getting broadband enabled this week. In anticipation, I bought a Mentor modem/firewall/4 port router last week. Had a look at the set up at the weekend and it seemed to me that it was prone to locking up. I fixed this by unplugging it and plugging it back in. The one I've got has an Alcatel chip.

If it's as crap as you say, maybe I should take it back??

Any tips on the set up?

Pete

hillybilly 16:43 12 Oct 04

This is where Mentor come from

click here

Just enter the website and then click on the download tab across the top for any up dates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…