memtest86 on cd

sunnystaines 16:16 28 Jul 09

I have always used the memtest86 floppy. But now no longer have a floppy socket on the M/B of new pc.

I saw there is a download for memtest86 for a CD. Not burnt an image to a cd before is it a case of download to desktop then extract to a folder and use nero8 image option to burn the folder to a cd r.

johndrew 16:44 28 Jul 09

I think you will find what you want here click here

sunnystaines 17:44 28 Jul 09

johndrew

I have the download just was not sure in burning it to a cdr

johndrew 19:45 28 Jul 09

Sorry, I thought you wanted the download.

How to make the CD

click here

or better click here

or this walk through click here

woodchip 19:50 28 Jul 09

if you have Nero choose create boot disc then drag the program on to boot disc

sunnystaines 19:59 28 Jul 09

where in nero does create boot disc live, i have looked in nero express essentials & startsmart essentals?

sunnystaines 20:52 28 Jul 09

thanks for the help, the 2 & 3 links helped. used nero not sure how the right part of nero came into play must have been on auto, but burnt the cd just fine rebooted and scanned the RAM just like the floppy would do.

thanks

David4637 20:24 30 Jul 09

I wanted to use the BOOT CD option mentioned in the links above.
The ISO burn produced 1 folder ISOLINX with a number of files, and 2 files src_v35.zip and src_v35.tgz in the root directory.
This won't boot W98SE to test the memory.
Have I created an ISO or not?
Thanks David

sunnystaines 20:29 30 Jul 09

is the BIOS set to boot from optical drive

David4637 20:44 30 Jul 09

Yes, its boots from the CD ROM drive. Comes up with error message, cant find linux file or something similar. Just wondered if someone could check what folders/files they had on their CD after producing the ISO CD?
Thanks David

sunnystaines 20:48 30 Jul 09

have you tried nero to burn, if you do not have it free basic nero 9 from here click here

i right clicked to unzip with a blank cdr in the drive and nero auto opened and i just clicked burn did not even have to find any settings in nero it was all auto.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009