MemTest Results

Sparkly 14:27 14 Sep 10

Hi got an oldish pc here that belongs to a neighbour that ocationly freezes for no known reason,i noticed that people often say to run Memtest looking for an answer, i ran it twice the first run ran for 32mins and stopped this is the screenshot hope it works ok

click here

This is the rerun about 7mins and then froze

click here

Hoping that someone hear can maybe give an answer to the results.
XP Home SP3
2gig ram
Slot 1 512mb DDR (PC3200)
Slot 2 1024mb DDR (PC3200)
Slot 3 512mb DDR (PC3200)
200mhz
Thanks for any thoughts.

gengiscant 14:38 14 Sep 10

Possible overheating somewhere.You might want to take a soft brush and a vacuum cleaner and clean out all fans including PSU. Then rerun memtest.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:50 14 Sep 10

If freezing during the test then Either overheating as suggested above or PSU failing.

Sparkly 15:06 14 Sep 10

Hi gengiscant,and Fruit Bat /\0/\ thanks i will get the side off and give a good clean and then see how things pan out.
Ran SIW clicked on Sensors if this helps.

click here

Sparkly 18:45 14 Sep 10

Update
Ive had the side off and give a good clean out (not that dusty) cleaned the fans and the fan on the PSU, while it was open took out the ram,graphics card and blown out any debrie reseated everything and reran Memtest with the same results

click here
As you can see it stopped after 4mins saying "Unexpected Interrupt=Halting CPU0 i think she has decided not to bother to much with it and live with the occational freeze up as its 6-7years old.

gengiscant 09:17 15 Sep 10

You could try and run memtest with only l stick at a time and see if you get the same problems.

Incidentally what model/make is your mobo?

Sparkly 12:48 15 Sep 10

Hi gengiscant sorry for not repling hospital appointment, i will give that a go and the momo is a Gigabyte GA-81915PM.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac