memory usage

pat2068 22:18 09 May 06

could someone please help when i look event viewer i keep getting an error saying that some programs dident release the memory properly anyone please tell me how i can fix this thanks leo

johnnyrocker 23:15 09 May 06

the answer would depend on your os.

johnny.

pat2068 23:16 09 May 06

my os is xp sp1 thanks leo

johnnyrocker 23:17 09 May 06

i would first of all recommend getting sp 2

johnny.

pat2068 23:18 09 May 06

i have tried xp2 i donyt no how many times and when i instal it none of my programs work the last time i had to format just to get my programs to work leo

johnnyrocker 23:22 09 May 06

there is a very comprehensive list of what one needs to do before installing sp2, it is on the microsoft site (sorry dont have link) but it is very comprehensive. not wishing to cast aspersions but is your windows a legal version as far as you know? go to microsoft site and let it run system requirements and see what develops

johnny.

pat2068 23:28 09 May 06

its the oem versions that came with the computer i have already done everything on the microsoft site it is perfectly legal other wise i think hp and pc world would be in big trouble leo

johnnyrocker 23:41 09 May 06

nice one, no offence intended. maybe someone with more expertise can help, this will bump you up at least. is there a way you can d/load it and save somewhere like desktop and try installing in safe mode?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…