Memory Upgrades

canuck2 11:32 20 Dec 05

I have been using crucial and other websites to find a suitable pair of 512mb modules for my Vaio PCG-K195BP

Crucial suggests 333mhz, Corsair suggests 266mhz the rest of the specs are the same. I checked Vaio-link and the 2 slots are currently taken by 256mb running at 266mhz.

Will the 333mhz RAM work or should I stick with the 266? Has crucial got it wrong?

Thanks

Totally-braindead 12:02 20 Dec 05

Not exactly, what it is and I'm sure Crucial mention this on their website is they recommend using the fastest memory your PC can take but running it at the slower speed. This does no harm and they suggest this as if you decide to upgrade the processor in your PC later on you can still use the memory which may not be the case for the origianl memory. The other point of course is usually the memory is the same price so you may as well buy the faster stuff.

Totally-braindead 12:04 20 Dec 05

Is your Vaio a laptop? If it is then I see no point in using the faster memory as you can't change the processor in a laptop anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…