Memory Upgrade with XP Home

Gramary 22:02 27 Jul 04

I have just tried to install a 256mb SDRAM upgrade to my Dell XPS 450T running XP Home.
I have the right memory because I checked with Crucial. However, my computer wont recognise it.
If I stick it in slot 0 with the original removed I just get a blank screen. If I stick it in 1 with the original in 0 I get an error "system32\drivers\ntfs.sys missing or corrupt but trying to repair from setup only gets me another error message 4

Help

GYPSY 22:58 27 Jul 04

Hi, If your new memory is not recognised in slot 0 but when replaced by the original all is ok it must be a faulty memory stick. Crucial stuff is guarenteed, send it back.

McMoan 09:26 28 Jul 04

On the system set up screenthe 256 shows up when in slot 1 but is ignored by the memory check at boot up. Does that still mean it's nackered.

jonnytub 09:42 28 Jul 04

try and get hold of the same brand chip your machine is already using if at all possible

Sorry about the above post - I really must get my eyes checked :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…