Memory upgrade question from play.com

julius44 07:10 29 Aug 09

Hello and good morning....i have a quick question please....i currently have a pentium 4 Dell 5150 desktop PC...it came with 1gb ram...and I upgraded it to 2GB ram via crucial UK about 2 years ago, below is the link

click here

Now i wish to upgrade again from 2gb to 4gb...and crucial has mentioned the compatible memory for my desktop, but due to financial constraints....this time i wish to purchase from play.com....as their memory prices seem cheaper...BUT i just need to know that i'm purchasing the correct 1 from play.com.....crucial says my desktop can take DDR2 PC2-5300...UNBUFFERED NON EEC...there a a few on play.com, but i NEED TO BE SURE, so if anyone can pls send me a few links from play.com with the correct 1, based on the scan above from crucial......that would be much appreciated...i'm off to work now, but will check my posts when i get in......thanks
Here is 1 link from play.com....not too sure if this is same one......as it says laptop memory!!!

click here

cream. 08:38 29 Aug 09

The play memory will not fit your machine.

Crucial say you need 240 pin and the play memory is 200 pin.
click here

cream. 08:40 29 Aug 09

there is just £5 difference in the price.

julius44 08:54 29 Aug 09

ok thanks a lot cream for your advice, i need to buy 2 lots of 2gb memory..and thats about £40...in that case can u recommned any cheaper sites that have the memeory that i need please....as u said i need 240pin.....kind regards...as i'd really like to buy from somewhere cheaper if possible..but if not i'd have to get from crucial as ive purshased from them beore and they are always highly recommneded...just the cost thats all

cream. 10:04 29 Aug 09

dearer. I wouldn't buy any of ebay myself.

Why not just buy the 1 stick of 2Gb ram, for now, to boost yours to 3Gb. You could get the other 2Gb when you can afford it.

Georgie68 10:58 29 Aug 09

I'd buy from Crucial every time...slightly dearere or not. For the peace of mind knowing your buying the right thing is worth it alone. I have just bought a 1g stick from them after a previous purchase only a month ago and I have nothing but exceptional service form them - a rare thing indeed these days.

julius44 14:50 29 Aug 09

hello cream, and gerogie68.....i think u are both right, maybe i should just get it from crucial just for peace of mind....but i def want to get 4GB ram memory.....i.e. 2 sticks of 2gb each, and ive prev used them before, and ive never had any probs with them, and I inserted the new ram myself with no probs, so i guess it'll be crucial then, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…