Memory upgrade problems

Big Al 13:46 15 Jan 03
  Big Al 13:46 15 Jan 03

I have a Quantex 450mhz PIII, originally with 128meg of SDRAM. (2 * 64megs).
I have upgraded to 384meg with 3 * 128 meg Kingston 133mhz memory chips. Unfortunately the computer is only reconising them as 3 64meg chips. Any ideas.

mikef™ 13:54 15 Jan 03

It maybe that your Bios does not recognise that amount of memory. Have a look here with your computer details and see what it says, without your full model details I cann't do it for you.

mikef™ 13:55 15 Jan 03

Sorry forgot to post the link click here DOH

Big Al 15:45 15 Jan 03

Thanks Mikef

The manual that came with the motherboard states that it is compatible. You may be right about the Bios, I will check for a Bios update.

The Motherboard is a Biostar M6TBA. I was wondering if there are any utilities that can detect and refresh the Bios Memory checker.

mikef™ 16:02 15 Jan 03

Crucials mtherboard info click here agrees as well, I'll leave Bios flashing advice to the experts as it's to fraught with dangers for me to even consider doing.

myball123 22:38 15 Jan 03

Go to here to find the details of which BIOS is available for your mobo.

click here

Hope that helps

Big Al 13:06 24 Jan 03

The reason why I had the problem was explained by Kingston.
The memory I ordered is 133mhz, and the Motherboard is 100mhz, as these are constructed different there can be compatabiolity issues. When I place the 128meg 133mhz memory modules into another computer they worked no problems.

I suppose this comes down to experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…