Memory upgrade problem

alangan 22:26 22 Jul 10

I've got a Tiny PC with an Athlon processor and 256MB Ram (2*128). I used Crucial to work out what I could do to upgrade it and on their advice got two 256 SDRAM 133s (via Freecycle). I fitted them but the computer just hangs during boot up. The BIOS is meant to recognise memory automatically. It an American Megatrend Ami Bios V 1.30.

Can I force the BIOS to do this or is there another way to get this to work?

Thanks.

awest3 22:38 22 Jul 10

sounds like faulty memory..does it work with the old memory in or maybe just one of the new memory modules..?

alangan 22:51 22 Jul 10

It does work with the old memory in but not with any other combination of memory. The guy from freecycle who gave it to me has only just upgraded and it was anti-static bags.

Thanks.

northumbria61 22:51 22 Jul 10

Either that (faulty) or Crucial has got it wrong - not unknown.

northumbria61 22:54 22 Jul 10

Do you have your PC manual to check your memory spcification ? If not post your Pc details here - model etc.

Whitster 23:00 22 Jul 10

You could try MrMemory to work out what memory you should have and conpair with what you had from crucial (that way you would know if cruicial had got it wrong)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…