Memory Upgrade Problem

grantdshere007 00:48 02 Jan 06

Hello All, I have a Packard Bell Imedia 5118 and has 2x ram slots with 2x 128mb SDRAM and is PC133. However I bought 2x 256mb SDRAM (also is PC133) and installed it to upgrade it. When i turned the computer on there wasnt any signal coming from the terminal to the monitor. Is there something that i missed?

Any advice is helpfull

Thanks

007al 00:51 02 Jan 06

Is the RAM pushed home enough? Sometimes it takes a bit of force,more than you think it will take.
Are the two white clips over the ends of the sticks?
You should feel it click in when its properly seated

grantdshere007 00:56 02 Jan 06

Yes everything is "home" and both white clips are over each end and both are in place

Totally-braindead 01:00 02 Jan 06

Two possibilities come to mind, one - you accidently moved something when installing the memory, reseat the graphics card as a first, two - if that does nothing remove the new memory and try the old stuff again, if that works try the new memory again in case it wasn't seated properly. If the new memory fails again I would suggest its either faulty or not compatible with your motherboard. This is the memory your computer should take click here

grantdshere007 01:13 02 Jan 06

thank you all this has help me find the correct upgrades to choose.

Totally-braindead 01:18 02 Jan 06

grantdshere007 you've ticked this as resolved does this mean you've solved it? If so could you please post back with what it was as this will help others who have a similar problem if they search through the threads which have been solved.

grantdshere007 16:26 03 Jan 06

I took the information with the memory back to the store i bought the SDRAMS form and gave the information that Totally-Braindead had givin me to see if the SDRAMS i had was the same as the specs from the information. To conclude the memory wasnt the same and there for wasnt compatible with my motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant