memory upgrade preferance

Lardy FB 10:14 31 Mar 04

I want to upgrade my pc's memory. I have a samsung 512 333mz ddr installed with a spare bay for an addition, would it be best to add the same card to give 1024 or could some one suggest a better idea? Thanks for any help.

goonerbill 10:19 31 Mar 04

post what make of motherboard and model you have.
then we can advise you better.

goonerbill 10:20 31 Mar 04

also what OS you are using IE: win 98, ME, XP

Diodorus Siculus 10:22 31 Mar 04

Further to goonerbill, it will depend on what you want the machine for - 512 is pretty much enough for most tasks; some will benefit from more memory.

The type of mobo is important as it will determine the kind of memory best suited (eg if it a dual channel board etc).

Lardy FB 10:28 31 Mar 04

I'm not sure what mother board I have but my pc is a medion 2.6 gig with xp if this helps

Diodorus Siculus 11:20 31 Mar 04

click here#
for Aida32 to ID the mobo for you.

Lardy FB 11:30 31 Mar 04

thanks, I have a Microstar MSI MS_6701 mother board, does this help?

Diodorus Siculus 11:40 31 Mar 04

click here and see what you can come up with; but as I asked earlier, what do you use the machine for?

Lardy FB 11:47 31 Mar 04

My mother board is the only one it doesn't list, is this because it is a Medion oem? the kids use it for online gaming amongst other things!!

Diodorus Siculus 12:22 31 Mar 04

It might be worth giving Crucial a call and see what they suggest; more RAM will help with gaming, but more will depend on the graphics card you have.

goonerbill 12:23 31 Mar 04

after one hell of a search (msi never make things easy) i believe this is your motherboard

click here

on aida32 on the mobo i.d. section, does it list the chipset as SIS 648 if so, the above link is for your mobo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…