//some 3rd party need geo

Memory Upgrade on Compaq

mrflash 06:58 28 Jun 05

G'day from Down Under! As an ex-pat trying to impress my would be in-laws I need help in upgrading the memory in their steam powered Compaq Presario 5320AU (try finding that product ID anywhere). HP/Compaq website is no help whatsoever.

I put a Legend PC133 128MB DIMM in the spare socket which is just ignored. The Compaq BIOS interface doesn't appear to offer any clues on how to make it see the second DIMM.

Am I missing something obvious?

Diodorus Siculus 07:46 28 Jun 05

click here
Try Everest - it wil tell you the type of mobo and RAM and point you in the right direction I hope.

Gongoozler 07:47 28 Jun 05

Hi mrflash. I just checked the Crucial memory selector tool, and their recommended memory for the Presario 5320 is SDRAM, PC133 or PC100, CL=2, Unbuffered, Non-parity. click here
Crucial will ship to Australia. Their customer support is very helpful click here and they guarantee that their pruduct will work in your computer. I don't know the Presario 5320, but some computers are fussy about which memory slots are used for different size sticks, so check the manual.

mrflash 23:00 28 Jun 05

Thanks for that folks - I can now hopefully impress the in-laws with my general usefulness and worthiness. Thank you Mr Berners-Lee!

PS Don't believe the hype - it's rained in Queensland (the sunny state) for the last few days and I have a stinker of a cold. But then it is winter down under.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…