memory upgrade on acer aspire laptop not showing

frankie 17:00 09 Nov 07

hi,thanks for looking,bought a 4gb comprising 2x2gb modules crucial memory upgrade for my acer aspire notebook 5630, running vista,as vista is quite a memory hog,anyhow put it in all booted fine no bleeps or error messages,however belarc advisor program and siw are only showing the upgrade at 3mb,cant make this out any ideas,before i venture into the bios settings etc not keen to touch much in there,

crosstrainer 17:09 09 Nov 07

You will get with a 32 bit version of Vista....It can only really use 2gb effectively. If you want to use the full 4gb, you would need the 64bit version of the os.

I would not suggest this with a laptop as driver support is still flaky. Rest assured that your new ram is all there....It's just the os that can't see it.

frankie 21:38 09 Nov 07

ok many thanks,by the by will tick as resolved,but is it worth having all that ram or just the 2gb

crosstrainer 05:47 10 Nov 07

It in there, won't come to any harm unless you are strapped for cash! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…