Memory upgrade

sebina12 21:51 26 Jul 04

Last year my brother got an upgrade of 256MB DIMM for his Aopen MX3W PRO-E motherboard which was fine, but he wants to double that. I saw on the board that it has slots for two cards. There is no mention on the Crucial site of a card bigger than 256, I guess what I'm asking is would he have to order another 256 card and put in with the other? With the previous card that came with the board originally, the card we got from Crucial fit into one of the slots perfectly but not the empty slot and vice versa. I am wondering if there should be a such a problem again. It probably seems a silly all-round question, but I want to be sure. Any advice here would greatly appreciated as there is a limit to what we know about memory upgrades.

goonerbill © ® 22:03 26 Jul 04

heres a link for the specs to your brothers mobo.
click here

it states that the max. memory you can install is 2X 256 mb pc133mhz ram, giving a total of 512 mb ram.

so to answer your question, another 256mb ram is what you need to buy and is the max. the mobo will take.

sebina12 15:55 28 Jul 04

Thank you goonerbill very much for helping me out. It's much appreciated.:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…