Memory upgrade.

curlylad 11:14 15 Mar 04

I have an old PC I am trying to repair the software on so my nephew can have it for school work , games , internet.At the moment it has a 4GB HD and only 28mb memory win8se.All I really want to do is upgrade the memory so what info do I need to take to PC world so they know what memory upgrade I need . I was looking at perhaps 128mb what sort of cost am I looking at ?
Thjanks in anticipation guys.

recap 11:22 15 Mar 04

If you click here you may be able to find which memory you need.

curlylad 11:34 15 Mar 04

The manufacturer label on the outside of the PCcase is microscience which is not in the drop down list in the link you gave me , so do I need to open it up and where do I look ?

recap 14:03 15 Mar 04

click here and download Belarc Advisor this should then tell you which type of memory stick to buy.

JerryJay 14:30 15 Mar 04

You first need to find info about motherboard Belarc Advisor suggested by recap can do this. You can also try another program Aida32 click here.

Once you got infor about motherboard (it will tell you want memory it support), go to Crucial suggested by recape to buy from there.

Personally, I would not ask anything technical in PCWorld, they are just salesman, not technical guru.

Maybe you could also put a hard disk in. 40GB HD only cost £33.49 in here click here or £34.17 in here click here

JerryJay 14:33 15 Mar 04

Possible, the memory you need is PC133 RAM (you need to check your motherboard info). If this is is the case, 128MB only cost £11.9 in here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…