Memory Upgrade

shazza65 22:56 22 Nov 03

I currently have 256k memory and am thinking of upgrading it to 1mb. I'm looking to buy 2 x 512k of Kingston memory coz I've heard it's really good and fast.

Does anybody know of any better/faster memory or where I can buy Kingston memory cheap???

Methedrine 23:08 22 Nov 03

I buy all my memory from Novatech.
You could try a search on google to see if that throws up any cheaper places.

DAICAP 23:14 22 Nov 03

Corsair memory is probably the best around , but it is more expensive.
Another option is to go to
click here
here you can enter the model of your motherboard and they will suggest memory which is compatable with your mobo.

beeuuem 23:15 22 Nov 03

Not always the cheapest but you'll hear few, if any, complaints about the quality or service from click here

DieSse 23:37 22 Nov 03

What OS are you using? Over 512Mb with Win9x/ME will give severe problems unless you use a third-party memory manager.

RAM above 512Mb is unlikely to show much performance gain, except in certain heavy use scenarios.

All RAM of the same specification is the same speed - so in that sense it doesn't matter which make you buy.

But good advice is always to buy Grade1 RAM - such as Crucial, Kingston, Infineon, Samsung, Corsair, and a few others.

BBez 23:58 22 Nov 03

with regard to Kingston memory cheap, i've purcased 20 sticks of Kingston 256 333MHz DDR Non-ECC CL2.5 DIMM 2700 by doing PCA's click here and had only 1 bad stick, also reasonably cheap..!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…