Memory stick broken?

s99Raj 19:33 03 May 05

I have a 256 MB memory stick (it says "Lexar Media" and "JumpDrive" on it) that no longer seems to work. If I insert it into any USB slot nothing pops up on the screen (I'm using XP) to say new hardware has been added and recognised, etc. I've tried it on about 5 different machines with XP on them. Another memory stick I have works fine so I know it's not the USB ports or anything silly like that.

Has the memory stick had it then, or is there some way or recovering the data? If I could even see an icon for it I could try EasyRecovery say but I can't even get as far as that.

jack 19:50 03 May 05

Fo you mean 'Memory Stick' as in Sony cameras abd players

Or do you mean a 'Flash Drive'?
If it is a Xony Camera stick then put in a camera and reformat.

If it is a Flash drive try to locate it via My computer etc.,

s99Raj 19:53 03 May 05

Sorry, yes, I mean a Flash Drive.
I keep "My Computer" open but nothing appears there or anywhere else.

Belatucadrus 20:01 03 May 05

Sounds terminal, could be a broken connection in the USB plug or some catastrophic failure in the memory. I also suspect you've lost everything that's on it, if it's invisible to the PC then no amount of software is going to recover the data.

s99Raj 20:11 03 May 05

Thought as much - ah well. C'est la vie.

jimmer409® 20:19 03 May 05

when you insert the stick, you may or may not get a pop up, it depends on how you have configured it, just insert and go to my computer and it should be there, let me know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…