memory stick

Mr "B" 19:06 26 Oct 06

I bought an Integral memory stick hoping it would be compatible for my pc at home and work, it totally fine on my home one the trouble lies on my work pc.
It has windows profesionl 2000 and cannot read it, i've been informed that it could be because its an early version of windows pro 2000 (service pack2). It works fine on a friends pc which has the same windows but his is sevice pack4.
Has anyone any easy solutions for this problem and its also worth me saying that this pc does NOT have an internet connection so downloading the latest version is not an option.
I have burnt service pack4 onto a cd and attempted to install this but it kept saying an error has occurred during installation( i cant remember what this message said).

sean-278262 03:26 27 Oct 06

Have you mentioned this problem to your IT support staff at work? They may be permitted to get SP4 and get it running on your computer.

Terry Brown 08:20 27 Oct 06

Has it occurred to you that the work system may have a protection built in to the system to prevent anyone without the correct authorisation codes to add any software or to reset the system.
In other words, Do you have the Administrator rights to access the system, as limited access means NO access to the operating system.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced