Memory Stick

jz 13:25 16 Apr 06

Whenever I plug my memory stick into a USB socket of my PC, Windows XP brings up an Autoplay box, does a quick scan of the stick, then another box appears asking what action I want to take (eg copy pictures, play music, no action, etc). Is there a way to stop this from occuring evertime I plug it in? There isn't a little tick-box which says always do this action - I seem to recall that I get such a tick box when I put a CD in the drive, although even if I choose take no action and tick the box, it still comes up every time I put a CD.

BurrWalnut 13:55 16 Apr 06

Plug it in, go to My Computer, right-click the stick, Properties, Autoplay Tab and select mixed content and the action you want to do when it's plugged in.

jz 21:21 16 Apr 06

Thanks BurrWalnut. That seems to help. After following your advice, it still does the annoying autoplay scan, but at least it no longer ask what action I want to take afterwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…