Memory stick

Saint23 14:18 02 Mar 06

I have a laptop which runs Windows XP. I have bought a LG 128MB USB drive(memory stick) but I am clueless how to get my computer to accept it. There is a mini CD Rom with it for installation purposes but I can't get anywhere with it.There is also a cable in the packagewhich has a 'memory stick' end on one end and a USB port the other but there are no instructions at all in the package. I can't even find the user's manual on the CR Rom. Can any expert out there help me

Thank you

Jackcoms 14:32 02 Mar 06

In XP you only need to plug the memory stick into any spare USB port and it will be recognised in 'My Computer' as an additional drive. No software needed.

The Old Mod 14:33 02 Mar 06

Hi, the cable is an extion lead. You do not need the cd for windows XP. Plug the stick in and windows should recognise it. Go to my computer and see if it appears there as a removable drive.

Jackcoms 14:36 02 Mar 06

Is that an echo I hear? ;-))

skidzy 19:14 02 Mar 06

..........How to use the memory stick........

Saint,if you would like to do a test run on you usb drive to understand how it works,follow the instruction.

Plug the device into the usb

Now find a file on the pc that you would like to transfer to the device.

Right click this file and send to:

You will be given various drive options,possibly drive E

If unsure which drive to send to,unplug the device to see which drive disappears.

SG Atlantis® 20:06 02 Mar 06

When my dad 1st got his laptop the usb ports were disabled in device manager. Check in there to see if there is any yellow ! marks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…