Memory speed and music file question....

Phil930 20:39 11 Jan 03
  Phil930 20:39 11 Jan 03

i saw a pc advertised the other day, the specs i want to pic up on are......Athlon XP 2400, mobo supporting DDR 333 and 512 pc2700 DDR.

without being a technical wizard this made me wonder what speed the memory would operate at. it has the capacity for 2.7Gb p/s i know, and the motherboard supports this. however, the processor there is only a 266 FSB processor, therefore does this limit the speed of the RAM to 2.1Gb p/s (pc2100). surely (in my head) for the ram to work at pc2700 speed it requires the new 333FSB Athlon processors starting with the XP2600! am i correct??

second point is completely different...

i have a continous music file copied onto my pc from a cd, its a club mix recorded as 1 whole song 72mins long, not independent tracks. i want to extract or copy just the first 20 secs of the beginning of the mix. how can i do this?

the only music software i have is WMP9 and Nero, and any other feature that would be in Win XP Pro. so, how can i take copy the first part of this mp3 file so i can send the beat to someone through messenger!!

Thank you..

leo49 20:44 11 Jan 03

Query 2 - I always Mp3Directcut - free from here;

click here

Regards

Phil930 20:53 11 Jan 03

is that software good?? will it do anything that will, how shall i say it, piss me off!

i will give it a whirl, thankyou!

anyone else any info on query 1??

leo49 20:56 11 Jan 03

It's totally useless - why else would I use and recommend it? :o)

Phil930 21:50 11 Jan 03

sarcastic *******!!!

it appears quite good, just mastering the short learning curve to use it now!

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant