memory speed help

patso 19:06 10 Nov 07

can any one help me with this problem.i keep getting the blue screen with error message driver less than or equal.i have just instaled more memory to my pc .the speed of the new memory is 3200 and 1 gig,there is also 256mb in the other slot and it is 2700 speed.internet explorer is very slow opening and pages are very slow to load up .i have 1 mb wireless bb,should i take out the 2700 stick and will this make a difference?i am using xp home any help please ps the new memory is suitable for 2700 and 2100 speeds any help welcome thanks

you could try it without the smaller stick of ram,unfortunately i think the one you have purchase may be incompatable as there is alot more to matching the ram than speed.
try the scan at crucial to match up correctly

crucial
click here

Totally-braindead 19:17 10 Nov 07

It may well be Raven is right. Theres more to memory that just speed theres things like Latency etc. Look at Crucial and do their scan as he suggested click here

cream. 19:22 10 Nov 07

256mb and try the machine, as *Raven*.

If the bios has a * rest the configuration * setting, enable it. It will re-read all the components on start up. It will refresh the data about the memory. It's like resetting the bios.

Whats the motherboards make and model number?

patso 19:25 10 Nov 07

thanks the stick is compatible using crucial scan here is mb details-Property Value
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model P4S533MX
Version REV 1.xx
Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxx
Chipset Model SiS651 CPU to PCI Bridge
Chipset Vendor Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)

CPU Intel Celeron
Cpu Socket Socket 478 [PGA 478]
Processor Upgrade ZIF Socket
Max CPU Speed 3200 MHz

System Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP

Memory Summary
Capacity 1024 MBytes
Location System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity 1024 MBytes
Memory Slots 2
Error Correction None
Name Physical Memory Array
Use System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size 1024 MBytes how do i do the bios thing thanks again

cream. 19:44 10 Nov 07

You will find it under the boot heading, just under plug and play O/S.

set it to yes. save settings and exit.

it will automatically go back to no AFTER the next boot.

Both sticks of ram are ddr, aren't they? one's not sdram is it?

patso 21:47 10 Nov 07

thanks pv there both ddr how do i find under boot heading.how do i get in to this and what do i do? how do i get in to the bios and can you explain what to do thanks again

cream. 22:00 10 Nov 07

restart the computer and keep tapping the delete key on the keyboard.

You should then see a screen like this click here the bios screen.

Scroll across the top to boot click here scroll down to reset configuration data and change the setting to yes.

press the F10 key to save and exit.

the computer will reboot and re-write the bios's configuration.

patso 22:09 10 Nov 07

ok and thanks again percy will do as you say and hope things will tirn out many thankd for the info about booting and the link cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…