Memory should be 512 Aida32 says 478

kinger 23:19 01 Mar 04

My Laptop came with 512mb of Ram but Aida32 reports (along with windows info) that it is 478mb, how come?

My graphics card is 64mb so where's the rest of my RAM gone?

Any suggestions most welcomed, team.

Kinger!

Djohn 23:27 01 Mar 04

I could be wrong but I think your memory is being shared with your graphic card. Although your card is capable of going up to 64 mb It is in fact only using 34 mb at the moment, and that will leave you with 478 of ram. You can if you wish to allocate more memory to the card when playing games for instance. j.

Djohn 23:27 01 Mar 04

I could be wrong but I think your memory is being shared with your graphic card. Although your card is capable of going up to 64 mb It is in fact only using 34 mb at the moment, and that will leave you with 478 of ram. You can if you wish to allocate more memory to the card when playing games for instance. j.

dazzling (work) 23:27 01 Mar 04

its just a guess maybe your graphics card hogs about 32 meg to itself and uses a maximum of 64.someone will come up with the answer though.darren

dazzling (work) 23:27 01 Mar 04

its just a guess maybe your graphics card hogs about 32 meg to itself and uses a maximum of 64.someone will come up with the answer though.darren

kinger 23:42 01 Mar 04

I had to smile when Aida32 gave me (under the 'suggestions' heading) "Insert more RAM for improved performance"

I thought I DID.

Will check the graphics card and see if it is shared but it sounds like it is.

The grahics card comes up as a separate heading of 64mb in it's column...hummmm

kinger 23:42 01 Mar 04

I had to smile when Aida32 gave me (under the 'suggestions' heading) "Insert more RAM for improved performance"

I thought I DID.

Will check the graphics card and see if it is shared but it sounds like it is.

The grahics card comes up as a separate heading of 64mb in it's column...hummmm

kinger 22:44 05 Mar 04

You're dead correct. Toshiba confirm that it uses RAM from the main chips but it can be configured down to 2mb to give back some resourses to the main processor.

Cut backs, eh?

kinger 22:44 05 Mar 04

You're dead correct. Toshiba confirm that it uses RAM from the main chips but it can be configured down to 2mb to give back some resourses to the main processor.

Cut backs, eh?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…