Memory shortage

Ravenna 18:57 19 Jul 04

Over the last few days - I've been unable to open more than one application/prog at a time. ie: I connect to internet (dial-up), check emails on Outlook Express, then if I try & open IE or Word etc - I get a message saying 'Warning - not enough memory'. I get various warning messages. Sometimes it's 'Resources are seriouly low'. The machine is also constantly freezing - as it seems to be struggling with any task.
Is this likely to be a fault with my RAM?
I have 800 processor, 60HD 128 RAM, Windows ME.
Former Tiny machine (Jan 2000) - have had just about everything, bar the RAM replaced over the last two years.
Or could it be my processor going again?
Any help please.

leo49 19:07 19 Jul 04

Could be the "corrupt Normal.dot" problem. Search for it, rename it[Word will create another]and reboot.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 19 Jul 04

1. Clear your internet cache and temporary files

2. Spyware could be using your system resources
Anti Spyware :-
Spywareblaster click here
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
a2 click here
Ccleaner click here

Dorsai 19:32 19 Jul 04

I used to run a Duron 1Ghz with 320Mb, upgraded to 512Mb, and in the end i gave up trying to sort out why it kept running out of memory when i was doing next to nothing, and built myself a new PC with 1Gig ram.

try click here for a free program that tries to make ME free up some memory. I used it for a while, till all the bits for my new PC had arrived., and it helped.

Also try Ad-aware, Spybot Search and destroy, etc, to make sure yu have no nasties on your PC using up resorces.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…