memory problem revisited help please

bof:) 00:07 18 Mar 05

Hi all,

In an earlier posting:

click here

I was given a link that provided the information below

# RAM :
* Up to 256 MB (64-bit technology) or 512 MB (128-bit technology) total memory in one or two
DIMM sockets.

* SDRAM 64/128-bit non-ECC DIMMs
* Single or double sided 3.3 V DIMMs, 60 ns CAS Latency 2/3, 66 or 100 MHz SDRAMS.

My questions are why the info about 64bit and 128 technology?

Does it mean that the motherboard can take either 256 mb of memory or 512mb of memory?

If which does it have to be an equal amount in both slots?

Thanks again,

Mike

bof:) 09:03 18 Mar 05

bump

bof:) 09:04 18 Mar 05

ps this pc using winME if hats any help. I know win98 has limits on its memory capacity but does ME?

Mike

gudgulf 10:01 18 Mar 05

Hi bof:).........there was an embedded link to the Crucial website in the link I gave you.Have you tried that? Never mind if you didn,t click here Here's a link to the Crucial site with a pc scanner which should identify what is on your system already and what is available to match it.Make a note of the details then you can buy from a different manufacturer if you want.

I had a PB machine with the same motherboard and added a stick of pc133 sdr ram(256MB) to the 128MB that was already in the computer without problem.Yours should take up to 512Mb of 128bit but I would check with the crucial web site before buying anything.

You dont need to have exactly the same in both slots either.

bof:) 11:51 18 Mar 05

Hi gudgulf, thanks for the advice. I have to go and do this on a friends pc because its for him.

I've sent an email to him with the link you provided so I can do it from there.

many thanks for the advice,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac