Memory problem

Ashar 12:03 17 Sep 06

Dear Friends

I'm PC Advisor reader from India
I have an assembled PC runs on win Me
I recently find my PC failed to start up with
no image on screen and continuous beep. I have to switch off the PC using mains.BIOS is award.
Motherboard contains 3 memory slots. Only one is occupied with 64MB Ram
I believe this is 168 pin DIMM and SDRAM module

I cleaned and reseated the module. But it didn't fix the problem
I believe sound and graphics is on board. so there is nothing to fix with graphics card. PCI slot contains modem.

I wish to know what are the chances to fix this problem if i reseat the existing single module in another memory slot, say slot two or last slot.Is this possible? Does this require any change in BIOS setup program(if i reseat memory card in another slot)

I thank you for kind advice

Regards
Ashar Bhavesh

Rossi#1 12:07 17 Sep 06

Continous beeps point to the power supply.I assume its a new PSU so check the connections and ensure the keyboard doesnt have stuck keys.

Gongoozler 12:10 17 Sep 06

Continuous beeping is usually a memory problem, depending on what BIOS your computer has click here. As you only have one memory module, the only way you can be sure is to borrow another stick. Changing the slot the memory might work, but it depends on the motherboard make and model. There is very unlikely to be any BIOS setting change to be made.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…